Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lockjaw Smallies

October 11th, 2008

I was on a local lake today with my brother and a my friend Mounir. I decided to try the same area as last week where I had seen so many giant smallies. Water temperature was in the high 50's and the wind was very light from the SW. We were throwing tubes, jerkbaits, drop-shots and gobees but they were simply not biting. The water was so clear we were able to drop our baits right infront of them and they would simply move a few feet and stay there. We drifted all day in this area hoping to get a bite eventually but we got nothing! It was a bit dissapointing since Mounir had never caught a bass in his life and I wanted him to at least catch one... We only fished for a few hours because I wanted to be back early to prepare for the tournament the next day. I was able to remove most of the stickers on my boat so I snapped a few pics.