Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Damn musky!! Where is the bass?!

June 28th, 2009

I was practicing with my girlfriend for my first trail tournament on the Ottawa River in Rigaud today and it didn't really go like I had planned... I don't think I had ever seen water this muddy before.. I tried using large, bright and noisy lures but all I got were ferocious attacks of pikes and musky!!! I did manage to catch a few largemouths but nothing big enough for my upcoming tournament... We fished a bay where we can usually do 15lbs + no problems but we barely got a bite there. We had to relocate a few times before we could get a bite and even if the water was like coffee it was a dark worm that did the job....

At least I caught my first musky and boy did it give me a good fight!!! It's really not the type of fish I was looking for but it was well worth the battle!!