Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2009 Season Wrap-up!

Dec 16th, 2009

I have been slacking off big time on the blog.... The end of the season was so exciting I didn't even get the chance to sit down and update my blog. Thanks to some friends I was finally able to break the 20lbs mark not once but twice this fall. We had a 20.7lbs bag and another close to 23lbs with a 6lbs lunker. Late fall has been has been simply awsome... To my surprise most smallies were caught fairly shallow and they were quite active for the water temps we had. Last fishing trip this year was on Dec 5th with Caro.

I was fortunate enough to meet some very experienced anglers this season and they have helped me improve my game big time! I still have a lot to learn especially about largemouth but i'm confident that next season will be even more amazing.

Plans for 2010 was to fish Superbass, Econobass, Berkley B1 and most of the local tournaments I can find. Superbass has been put on hold for now so the plan is to get familiar with new bodies of water such as Massawipi, Ottawa River, Morrisburg, Champlain, Richelieu, 2 mountains and Memphremagog for a possible 2011 Probass Canada Series.

Here are a few pics from our last few fishing trips this fall :