Monday, April 26, 2010

Almost ready for 2010!

April 26th, 2010

It's been over 2 months since my last update.. I spent a lot of time and money on the boat to make sure the upcoming season will be problem free. Finally got the boat back for good this weekend but there is still a bit of work to be done on it. I had the obvious tune up done, a little repair on the hull, got a new trolling motor and a new set of tires for the trailer. I still have some minor work to do with my electronics and I should have new seats in a few weeks. Hopefully everything will be ready by the time bass is open in QC!

I managed to get a test drive yesterday and everything ran smooth!! I really wanted to try the new Minnkota and what a difference! It's obviously more powerful being a 101lbs thrust but it's also much quieter then my motorguide was. I'm confident it will help me a lot when i'm fishing thick vegetation this summer.

I have also completed my "rod collection" for this season and it's one hell of an upgrade compared to last year. I'm happy to say I will be fishing exclusively with St.Croix rods this season. I have 11 technique specific rods ready to catch some big bass!!

Nothing is planned so far for the next few weeks but I might be able to squeeze in a trip to Champlain or Massawipi before I get my new seats.

Water temps on Louis were ranging from 53 to 57 yesterday!! We should be way passed the spawn by the time bass opens in late June.