Wednesday, August 31, 2011

St-Francis practice time!

August 6-7, 2011

With Econobass next weekend and the Berkley B1 in september it's obvious I will be spending a lot of time on lake St-Francis for the next 2 months. It's no secret that I love this body of water but I would like to find some BIG fish this year in order to defend my Econobass title from last year and do another top 10 at the Berkley B1 2011.

I was able to put in 2 days of practice with Caro and my brother Raph but it wasn't a big success to say the least. The objective was to find new big fish area and validate other spots from previous years. My stuff from previous years is still very good but finding new big fish is quite the challenge. I find the weed has grown differently in most places and some of my prime areas don't produce quite as good as last year but fortunatly the deeper water smallies are still locked down on my GPS and biting well!

I tried looking for largies has a "Plan B" and found a nice deep weedline that produced some decent size. I don't think I will be needing them but I can't wait to go back to check it out before the B1.

Overall, practice wasn't very good in the sense that I couldn't find any new stuff that I am confident to fish at the tournament next weekend but there is a lot of time left to figure it out before the B1.