Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tournament win and Team of the year for 2015

August 4th, 2015

Wow.. It's been a while! More than 2 years without an update.... Lots has happen since my last update.

Ben Woo and I started Montreal Bassmasters last year and I had the pleasure of fishing the trail as well.  It was my first year fishing with my new partner Remi Laurin and we had a blast.  We have a similiar approach when it comes to fishing tournaments and practicing.

We had tough year in 2014 but still managed to get a 3rd place finish on Lake St.Louis and a 2nd place at the classic.  I also got a 1st place at the new Ultimate Bass Tournament.  The tournament consist of pairing a conventional angler with a fly fishing angler for a tournament.  The fly fishing angler has to bring in at least 2 bass out of the 5 that we have to catch.

This year has probably been my best season since I started competitive fishing in 2009.  Remi and I were on a mission to get the Team of the year title and worked hard at every event in order to get it.

Out of the 3 regular events we placed 2nd, 2nd and 1st to clinch our first Team of the year title.  We won the last tournament of the season on Lake St.Francis with a personal best tournament weight of 22.77lbs.  This also makes it my 3rd tournament win on this lake with 3 different partners.  It was awsome to have my wife and kid at the weigh-in to witness this amazing bag of smallies.

Next up is a Pro/Am on the St.Lawrence river in Long Sault. I've had good fishing days in Long Sault this year and I am really looking forward to the event.  Unfortunatly, I will not be able to get some practice time for this event.  I'll have to figure out the smallies quickly if I want to have a chance at winning this one.