Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun Family Fishing

August 31st, 2008

My uncle Jean came down from Quebec city to fish for bass with my dad and I so I couldn't dissapointed him! He usually fishes for trout and he had a hard time believing a fresh water fish could fight more then a trout. He was in for a surprise! He actually caught the first smallmouth on a brown tube and didn't say a word!! He just started laughing so we both looked at him wondering what was going on... Needless to say he was having a blast fighthing his first smallmouth! The wind picked up as the day went on so it made it a bit difficult to achieve a good drift but they still managed to catch a few fish. My uncle caught the biggest bass dragging a tube again and this time it gave him one hell of a fight! I think he'll remember this one for awhile! It only weighed in a little over 2.5 lbs but the smallmouths we catch in current always seem to fight more. My dad caught a few over 2lbs as well and we lost quite a bit as well. I think it's the first time I don't reel in a bass this year but the important thing is that my uncle and my dad did! I think they had a blast and I hope we can do it again soon and catch a 4lbs+ this time! I will post pictures tonight.