Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Largemouth hunting!

July 1st, 2009

I was fishing with my girlfriend and my cousin Martin today trying some new spots for some good largemouth. We stopped for a few cast before heading to my new spot to see if we could tempt a few smallies to bite and only Caro was able to catch one with her favorite yamamoto bait! A storm was coming our way pretty quickly so we decided to hurry up and headed for a weedy bay where I knew we would find some decent largemouth. When we got there there were already a few bassboat but they were fishing a sandbar closer to the main lake. I headed for the thick stuff and I was not careful enough and I think we scared a few fish.... Caro missed a decent largemouth on her favorite bait twice.... At least I know this area holds quality fish now.... Of course I had to catch a pike there. I don't think I have gone on the water this year without catching at least one pike... go figure. We didn't catch any big fish today but at least I got to try new areas and I have a few new waypoints on my GPS for upcoming trips on this lake.