Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Top Water smallies

July 21st, 2009

I was on Lake St-Louis tonight with Caro and I wanted to see if we could catch 'em on top water baits since the wind was down. We had less then 2 hours on the water so I wanted to find a spot quickly where we could throw pop'rs and sammys. Our first spot was nice but I think I approached it wrong and I might of spooked a few fish... Caro missed a fish before we decided to try another area nearby. It ended up being the right decision since I got a nice smallie on my first cast with the pop'r. Caro also missed a nice one on the jerkbait and I caught a few small ones on tubes... The wind picked up all of a sudden and we had a bit of a chop that prevented us from throwing top water lures. I'm pretty happy about our little outing tonight since I was able to catch some nice smallies and I now have a few more waypoints on my GPS.