Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tournament day!

July 4th, 2009

I was fishing my first Econ-O-Bass tournament today with my dad. I had a good idea of where I wanted to start fishing but when we got there there were already 6-7 teams there. We started throwing frogs and senkos and it wasn't long before we started hooking some largemouths but most of them were in the 1lbs to 2lbs range.. Nothing that was going to help us win the tournament. We stayed there for a while and caught a limit early but we needed bigger fish if we wanted to make a top 10... We decided to go try a for smallmouth around noon but the wind made things complicated... It didn't take long before we decided to go back to our original spot. We were finally able to hook a decent fish which was close to 3lbs but that was it...

We finished 12th with just a little over 8lbs... I am really not happy with the outcome but next tournament should be better..... I have fished St-Francis quite a bit and i'm confident we can do way better then 8lbs! Congrats to Alain and Carole who took first place with over 16lbs of largemouth! Funny thing is that they were fishing about 100m from me almost all day and we were throwing something very similiar... Oh well!! I guess I was on the wrong side of the bay!!

You can check Econobass.com for pictures of the event.