Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jumpin giant

July 29th, 2008

I was back on the water today for a for a few hours with Caro and my dog Crash. It was his 2nd time on the boat so I thought I was going to have to watch him all the time but he was surprisingly very calm!

We fished the same body of water as usual but started from a different area. We finally had less wind today with a 10 km/h W so it made the boat positioning a little easier. Water temperature is still around 73 but the water has cleared up a little since last time. We both started off with tube jigs hoping to connect with a giant smallmouth again. We got very little action with them so I thought it was time for a change because I knew the fish were there... they just didn't want to bite! I thought I would try a wacky rigged senko this time but with weight so I added a split shot sinker and Caro tried the new Gulp Alive from Berkley. It ended up being the right choice as I hooked up a NICE smallie on my first cast that went airborne and got unhooked... Sad thing because it was a solid 4lbs+ and we only had about 30 minutes left to fish. We managed to catch a few more but nothing worth taking a picture....