Monday, September 8, 2008

Aqua vu

August 30th, 2008

I was on a clear water lake with Jack today and we decided to test his aqua vu and see if it could help up catch more deep water smallmouth. I had been to this area before and we had seen so many giant smallmouths that decided to give it another shot. We had light SW wind but we still managed to see them in 15-20 feet of water. The aqua is really an awsome fishing tool... The strong current made it difficult to see but we managed to see a few fish with it. Most importantly we saw the bottom composition and some structure in over 40 feet of water! I can only imagine how useful it must be in a calmer lake. I'm seriously thinking of getting one for my next boat. We mainly drifted with tubes in 15-35 feet of water catching a few decent smallies but no giants were caught. I had forgotten the camera but I took one of Jack with his super phone but i'm still waiting for it! "hint hint"