Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bad day on the St-Lawrence..

Oct 4th, 2009

My friend Marc-André was organizing a friendly tournament on the St-Lawrence today and I decided to do it with Caro. It was our 2nd time there this year so I didn't really know what to expect. I know this place is usually very good in the fall so I was hoping it was going to be a good day. Water temp is still in the high 50's in most areas and the wind was manageable. We got to the launch only to find out we were only 3 boats and I was the only one willing to do the tournament anyways... We ended up fishing for fun finally and I guess it was a good thing because we couldn't find any fish over 2.5lbs... We must of caught over 20 smallmouth today and they were a lot of fun to catch, but we are usually able to find a 3 or 4lbs fish at this time of the year. I'm assuming we were a bit too early and it should be better later this fall. Only time will tell!