Monday, September 15, 2008

Disappointing fall fishing

September 13th, 2008

Caro and I decided decided to try an area where I usually go for some quality fall fishing but it ended up being a disappointing trip especially in terms of size. We had a very light NE wind and water temperature was around 68 in most places. We started by casting tubes and Caro caught a 2lbs smallie on her 2nd cast. It was pretty small but it's fun to finally see some smallmouth after our largemouth trip last weekend. I was anxious to try my new jigheads and they were definitely worth buying!! I caught most, if not all, my smallies on them. All in all, we caught about 15 smallies and the biggest one was about 2.5lbs... If I had to go back I would do things differently like try different depths and maybe try to find warmer water for more active fish. Hey.. you learn every time you're on the water! Pictures should be up tonight!