Monday, September 8, 2008

Local Multi-Species Tournament

September 7, 2008

My friend Marc invited me for a small local tournament today for bass, pike and perch. The lake we fished is usually closed to boats and is only used for the beach. I had NO IDEA this place had bass. Not only is it the smallest lake it's filled with GIANT smallmouth AND largemouth. Believe it or not the largemouth lunker was 6.73lbs!!!! Had I caught this bass I think I could've retired happy. Another near 5lbs largemouth was caught and several other 3lbs+. The tournament rules weren't in our favor thought. It was one fish per person instead of a 5 fish limit so someone whose lucky could win it with only one fish and that's what happened. It's too bad because we would've had a very decent bag of bass! Marc caught the biggest pike which I though was very close to 10lbs but ended up weighing only 7.1lbs. That same pike stole 2 frogs from me before Marc finally hooked it just on the side of the mouth! We were about 15 bass boats overall and we had a lot of fun. I got to meet people who share the same passion I have for bass fishing and we might have something cooking for next year! Stay tune for more info! I forgot to take a picture of the pike but I have a few pictures of the ALL ELECTRIC MOTOR launch! lol