Monday, August 29, 2011

Econobass - Lac des Deux-Montagnes

July 30th, 2011

I've had such a hard time on this lake in the summer that Caro and I had a simple objective : Catch 5 fish. I don't know if it's because we put the bar so low but we were able to get 5 smallmouth in 20 mins on our first spot. We were pretty happy about that because we knew that a lot of teams were going to struggle to get 5 fish in the livewell today. We stayed there awhile hoping to get one of the decent size smallies when had seen in practice but couldn't get anything much bigger then 2.5lbs. It's too bad because the fish were feeding heavily on minnows and were jumping on our Dumz sticks on almost every cast.

We then went upstream to fish another area for both largies and smallies and only got short bites... From there it was spot hopping until we decided to hit a main bay for largies and lost some more time there... I believe I was in the right area but probably too late when I saw how many boats had fished the area already. We decided to hit our main area once more before the end of the day and caught some other fish but could never upgrade any of our fish.

We finished our day with a mediocre weight of 8.95lbs good enough for 18th place. I can't say we are satisfied but it's an improvement over last years results nonetheless.