Monday, August 25, 2008

Largemouth First timers!

August 22nd, 2008

I was on the lake with Jack Friday evening on his new boat hoping to catch his first largemouth. The weather was very promising, we had a cloudy sky with a little wind and I had a good feeling he was going to catch his first largemouth. I wanted to try a nearby spot for smallmouth before we headed for my largemouth spot but the boat traffic was completely insane and it was too dangerous to stay there so we packed up and headed for largemouth.
I was throwing a frog hoping to get a top water bite but I only got a few unsuccesful attacks.... Jack missed a few bites with the worm before we decided to try another spot. It was getting dark but I we couldn't leave before he caught his first largemouth and this spot had never disappointed me in the past so we stuck around and he finally got one in! It wasn't real big but it was a largemouth nonetheless! All in all we had a lot of fun and I got to see a Humminbird 997 in action! By far the best Sonar/GPS I've seen!