Friday, July 23, 2010

Econ-O-Bass - Lake St-Louis

July 17th, 2010

Another somewhat dissapointing day for Team Belanger on lake St-Louis today.. We started off with largies and instead of moving back to smallies like we had planned, we stayed and lost a lot of time trying to catch a 4,5lbs largemouth. I had her on for about 3-4 secs and she came unpinned... that's when we should've went for smallies but I though I would've been able to catch her again.. it didn't happen.

It was about noon when I took the decision to go for smallies and that's when we started catching fish. We caught A LOT of smallies but as I had predicted, we had to go through a lot of small ones to eventually get a decent fish in the boat. My dad caught a nice 3lbs + smallie but forgot to set the hook and the fish actually managed to swallow the whole tube and eventually died before the weight in. We lost half a pound and ended up with a mediocre 11.91lbs.

We are currently sitting in 14th place overall and the next tournament should be an interesting one to say the least. Lefaivre was my toughest tournament last year and i'm really hoping to do better this year.

Congrats to Larry Lafleur and GaƩtan Robitaille for a nice winning weight of 18.58lbs.